Thursday, May 31, 2007

Music n me!!!!

Well, as far as music goes...i can't do more but agree wid my best friend Shivani's concerns.. for those who don't know wat it was abt... it's abt music being categorized and all.... u need to read wat she says to know exactly what she thinks..... for the abso intellectual statements she makes!
How can you categotrize something as beautiful as sound? something so pure, uncorrupted? i have to agree wid my best pal as far as this goes.... there is no way im falling trap to this segmentization.
This is not a snub to all my cool dude and dudette pals who claim to love rock or the blues.... perhaps the reason u'd never hear me say that i love a particular genre' is that i dont believe in the concept. Can you classify people as fun, cute, rude etc and expect these to stand by them at all times? These are circumstancial inferences drawn... n this stands so true for music!
Well, while an all-time fav no. of a lot of people- Wish You Were Here... by Waters, Gilmour of the Pink Floyd (One of their best No.s) in my opinion is such a romantic song,.... though it is actually rock with an element of the blues.... esp. when he says 'we're just two lost souls spinning in a fish bowl...' and talks about finding the same old fear! This no. brought out such a mix of feelings and emotions... i have no words to describe! Everytime i hear it, there's a new dimension to the lyrical appeal!
The same is true for 'Tomorrow We'll See' by Sting... It talks about a hooker's plight to earn her livelihood... and somewhere she says " Don't Judge Me You Could be Me, In Another Life, Aanother set of Circumstances", It stands so true for anything n anybody.
In my opinion, yes, the orchestrization does add soul to music, but what gives it depth??? The lyrics ofcourse. Say a song like 'You Sang to Me' by Marc Anthony be scored as a rock no..... what would it be? I guess i'd never give it a second hear!
For all those who know me to be the Music Buff that i am.... you'd know i hardly ever cared for the frills of music... n i guess i never will. Be it the clanging of Nirvana's Composition or the melody of Kenny G... as long as it strikes a chord in my heart... it is mine. And as long as this heart beats and my ears ache for the melody... music to me will be nothing but purely... Food for my Soul!
I'd Like my gravestone to read.... Someone who struck the most melodious chord in Our Hearts!

1 comment:

Vi.K.I. said...

music..there wouldnt be life without music..