Thursday, October 9, 2008

Vijaya Dashami...


It is Dashami today.. the last day of Navaratri celebrations... I have wat we call a Golupadi(steps of dolls) arranged for the nine days... and today..the last.. we will put them rest for the year..

Navratri has always been special.. its quite an enthusiastic affair putting up golu n all.. and all friends trickling in... many north indians intgrigued by our idea of celebrating navratri.. Guests are expected to sing.. and my mum ah-so-ecstatically narrates the socializing theme behind the set up!!!

Navmi is officil holiday from work and studies.. except in corporates ofcourse.. We keep all our books covered in new cloth.. forth a pic/idol of saraswati.. and next morn .. old or young.. everyone has to study.. but Navmi.. is Chutti..

I remember my days frm music class.. When we used to have a class on Dashami.. and learn a new song without fail.. to symbolize "Vidya arambham" (the beginning of New learning) We met our friends from all other classes.. and had a gala time dressed in traditional Pattu Pavadai (Lehenga!)!!! Even though its years that I've left music class.. i still fondly remember Lakshmi aunty on every other day!!

Also.. this was the first year.. i din't HAVE TO begin preperations for any exams!!! My work though still ensures I STUDY.. and yesterday I did a dissection of the Innovation Act.. I must say.. I feel like studying.. I read my fav chapter on Freedom of Speech and Expression, My fav Jurist.. and am thinking if its a good day to go back to my much loved calculus and algebra... Watsay? Vidya (Re)Arambham True style!!!!

Happy Vijaya Dashami.. May the Winner in Each one of us.. Shine!!!!

1 comment:

Vi.K.I. said...

Saraswati Namastubhyam Varde Kamroopani Vidya Aarambham Karishyami Siddhi Bhavatu May Sada